This Lobster Pasta recipe is one of Lizzy's favorites for entertaining around the holidays. It's great for impressing and satiating friends, family, in-laws, and everyone in between.
Recipe: LOBSTER PASTA
1 lobster tail
1/2 pound shrimp
1/2 stick butter
1 tbsp olive oil
Handful of basil
Handful of parsley
2 cloves minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
Punch of saffron
2/3 tablespoons chopped shallots
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1 small container of cherry tomatoes, halved
2 cubes vegetable bouillon
1/2 cup water
1/2 pint of whipping cream
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 bottle of clam broth
Pasta of your choice
1. Boil water and cook the pasta until it is almost al dente
2. In the meantime, cut the lobster tail in half to get the meat out. Cut the meat in bite size pieces and rinse the shell to use later.
3. Remove the tails, and cut the shrimp into bite size pieces. Set aside.
4. Sauté the chopped lobster, 1/3 of the garlic, half the chopped shallots, a tablespoon of parsley, salt, and pepper in butter. It takes just a few minutes to cook. Once done, remove the lobster from the pan and set aside.
5. In the same pan, do the same with the shrimp.
5. In a separate pan, add butter and sauté the sliced mushrooms.
6. While the mushrooms are cooking, use the original pan and add remaining garlic, olive oil, butter, and lobster shell and sauté the cherry tomatoes until they break down. Add the 1/2 cup white wine and cook for 2 minutes. Add the water, bouillon cubes, and clam broth. Cook down for about 5 minutes. Remove the shell.
7. Add 1/2 pint of cream and whisk it. Continue cooking and whisk for 5 minutes.
6. Add remaining parsley, basil, nutmeg, salt, and pepper and stir. Add in the cooked lobster, shrimp, and mushrooms.
7. Stir in 1 ladle of pasta water to your sauce.
8. Add your almost cooked pasta of choice, toss, and cook all together for 1-2 minutes more.
9. Serve with your favorite wine and enjoy!